We, the undersigned group of human rights and religious freedom organizations from various backgrounds, express our serious concern following the appointment of Chinese Minister Jiang Duan to the UN Human Rights Council’s Consultative Group this month. We call on Asia-Pacific members to adopt a stricter standard of scrutiny during the selection process. China’s selection represents a blow to the UN human rights system. This is not only because of the government’s demonstrably poor record on human rights, but because of its frequent refusal to cooperate with independent UN monitors. These are the very officials that China’s delegate now has the power to approve or reject.
- Assessing China’s Governance and Human Rights Landscape/ Invite
- Concern Grows Over Lalibela Churches in Ethiopia
- Join Written Statement HRC 54 : Discrimination against Young Cleaners, Caretakers, Educators, Marketers, Engineers, Architects, Printers and Others Who Are Believers of Scientology, in Bavaria, Germany
- Spécial Loi Dérives Sectaires
- Non-governmental organizations held a briefing at the United Nations to condemn the CCP’s organ harvesting
[et_social_follow icon_style="slide" icon_shape="rounded" icons_location="top" col_number="auto" outer_color="dark" network_names="true"]