We recognize the value of each individual’s freedom to follow their conscience, which is why we are concerned about Your Excellency’s statements on introducing anti-conversion laws into the country and plans to restructure the constitution of Sri Lanka to accommodate a law that would strip individuals of their freedom of speech and conscience. We raise our concerns now because of a recent report that the Ministry of Buddhasasana, Religious, and Cultural Affairs is currently drafting a legal framework for the implementation of anti-conversion laws.
- UPR Summary of stakeholders’ submissions on Bangladesh Report of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Ahmadi Muslims in Germany who’ve fled state persecution are being deported back to Pakistan and it’s putting their lives at risk
- Ahmadi Religion Members Discussed at the UN Human Rights Council Amid Escalating Religious Persecution
- Algeria : Religious freedom to be on the agenda of a UN Special Rapporteur before his fact-finding mission
- ALGERIA: Ahmadi Religion of Peace and Light people meet UN Special Rapporteur