On December 16th, Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR), Congressmen Chris Smith (R-NJ), and Tom Suozzi (D-NY) introduced the Stop Forced Organ Harvesting Act, which aims to prevent the Chinese Communist Party from harvesting organs from prisoners of conscience.
In the press release Cotton said, “There is growing evidence that the Chinese Communist Party has and continues to harvest organs from prisoners and members of Chinese religious groups. This bill will identify and punish CCP members involved in forced organ harvesting.”
The Epoch Times quoted Smith as saying, “Organ harvesting is a barbaric, inhumane, and egregious act of global significance as transnational human trafficking gangs, terrorist organizations, profiteers, and even governments—China’s Communist regime in particular—kill innocent people and sell their organs for profit.”
WPAP Talk News quoted Suozzi. “For years, the Chinese Communist Party has continued to take advantage of prisoners and members of ethnic minority and religious groups. Today, we are still witnessing them take further advantage of these groups through organ harvesting. Members of the Chinese Communist Party must be held accountable for these unspeakable actions. Forced organ harvesting has no place in our world.”
- Authorizes the U.S. government to deny or revoke passports for illegal organ purchasers.
- Mandates annual reporting by the State Department on forced organ harvesting in foreign countries. The reporting would identify foreign officials and entities responsible for forced organ harvesting.
- Mandates an annual report on U.S. institutions that train organ transplant surgeons affiliated with foreign entities involved in forced organ harvesting.
- Prohibits the export of organ transplant surgery devices to entities responsible for forced organ harvesting.
- Sanctions foreign officials and entities that engage in or otherwise support forced organ harvesting.
The Stop Organ Harvesting Act – A bill to combat forced organ harvesting and trafficking in persons for purposes of the removal of organs, and for other purposes was introduced as Senate bill S.5016 and House bill H.R.8972.
Source : https://dafoh.org/us-senator-and-congressmen-introduce-bill-to-stop-chinas-organ-harvesting/